Gunbot is fully customizable and has over 150 different strategies that allow it to trade the way you want. Below you will find a summary of the most important functions.
- Coinbase Pro
- Huobi Global
Gunbot uses the API slot system. This means that you can trade on several exchanges at the same time and freely choose between them. The number of slots available is determined by the Gunbot license type.
When support for a new exchange appears, you can use it at no additional cost.
Gunbot has no limit on the number of active trading pairs. Feel free to use one trading pair or every pair available on your exchange. An individual strategy can be configured for each trading pair.
In general, every trading pair offered by exchanges can be used by Gunbot to trade.
Gunbot has a built-in browser interface that can be set up in seconds. You can securely access the interface on your local computer or open the access over the Internet. The interface supports two-factor authentication and can work through the https protocol.
Using the interface, you can easily manage trading strategies, assign them to trading pairs and make changes on the fly. The dashboard displays all recent transactions and wallet balances. In addition, you can view detailed charts based on the data that Gunbot collects from the exchange, the transactions performed are displayed on these charts. This trade visualization makes it easy to optimize your trading strategies.
If you don't want to wait for the bot to place an order, you can manually place an order directly in the Gunbot interface. It also allows you to manually apply the Average down strategy, as Gunbot works with the average price paid for the asset - regardless of whether Gunbot placed an order or you placed it manually.
Advanced users can use a mode that works without a graphical interface.
System customization is possible using a JSON configuration file. Every time changes are written to a file, Gunbot automatically loads the changed settings.
Gunbot comes with a built-in Telegram bot that will notify you in real time when trades are made.
It can send notifications about completed trades, display detailed statistics on work for each trading pair or for your entire investment portfolio. In addition, it can be used to send trade orders manually via Telegram, as well as add or remove Gunbot trade pairs.
A Gunbot strategy is a set of rules that govern how a bot trades. The main building blocks are the buy and sell methods, which determine when the bot is allowed to place orders. Strategies can be assigned to one or more trading pairs.
Gunbot comes with 15 preset strategies that are ready to use after making minimal changes such as setting the amount you can spend.
You can create an unlimited number of custom strategies.
Gunbot offers 15 different ways to place orders. All methods can be freely combined in a custom strategy, for example, you can configure Gunbot to buy an asset as a percentage of the lower Bollinger Band and sell that asset using a trailing stop / stop loss method.
Methods are the main trigger for an order. In addition, you can use a set of confirmation indicators to indicate the conditions under which you want to allow trading. Each method can use a customizable stop limit.
You can use a wide range of Japanese candlestick periods. Select purchase methods.
- Average Directional Index (ADX): Determine the minimum ADX level to be reached before trading.
- Average True Range (ATR) Trailing Stop: A method that uses the ATR indicator for a custom trailing stop.
- Bollinger Bands - Percentage Distance from Bollinger Bands: Trade when the price reaches a configurable percentage of the lower or upper Bollinger Bands
- EMA spread: trade when the spread between the slow and fast EMA increases / decreases. The minimum required spread is configurable.
- Emotionless: The “just works” method, suitable for any custom setting. Ideal for beginner traders.
- Gain: Buy with a configurable percentage below the EMA, sell when a set percentage is reached above the break-even point.
- Ichimoku: trade at the intersection of Kijun Sen and Tenkan Sen streets. Cloud (Kumo) can be used as additional confirmation.
- MACDH: trade when the MACD histogram and the zero line cross.
- PingPong: Buy and Sell at fine-tuned prices.
- Stepgain: Using the built-in trend detector, trade when a downtrend turns into an uptrend and vice versa.
- SMA cross: trade on the crossovers of slow and fast simple moving averages.
- Time series analysis: tries to predict the close price of the next period, trade when the forecast is higher / lower than the current price.
- Trailing stop / stop limit: When using custom trailing ranges for buy and sell, prices are tracked for optimal entry and exit points. Orders are placed when a trailing stop is triggered. Trailing stop / stop limit: using configurable trailing ranges for buying and selling, prices are trailed for optimal entry and exit points. Orders are placed when the trailing stop is hit.
To perfect your trading strategy, you can set up confirming indicators that limit your buy / sell method only when certain indicators are within your specified range. For example, allow to place buy orders only when RSI is equal to or below 30.
The period settings for each indicator are fully customizable.
Available supporting indicators:
- EMA spread
For most types of orders, additional trailing can be used to achieve optimal entry or exit points.
For example, you have set up a buy method that allows you to buy when prices hit the lower Bollinger Band. Without additional trailing, a buy order is placed as soon as the price hits the bottom line. With a trailing stop, Gunbot follows prices as they dip further down and only buys after the trailing stop is reached, when the price is still at or below the lower Bollinger band.
Types of orders that allow additional trailing:
- Ordinary buy order
- Ordinary sell order
- DCA buy order
- Cancellation of a buy order
- Cancel a sell order (when the price is higher than the last buy order)
The Double up method is a Gunbot method for automatically averaging declining assets, also called dollar averaging or DCA. This method allows you to achieve a lower average unit price when prices decline, resulting in a lower possible exit price.
DCA behavior is highly customizable. You can set the following parameters:
- Trigger for DCA orders: select an RSI range or a price that crosses the upper Bollinger line.
- The minimum price difference between a buy order in DCA.
- The number of DCA orders placed.
- Relation to the amount of currency already available that will be purchased with each DCA order.
Gunbot can automatically accumulate currency when the price drops without investing more than the original buy order. This is a reversal strategy that can lower the break-even point of your investment.
In the case of the Reversal trading reversal strategy, Gunbot will sell the existing positions when the price drops by a configurable percentage, and then buy back more positions using only the funds received from the previous sell order. This process can be repeated as long as prices (price, everywhere singular) continue to fall, even if the market is in a fever after the initial fall in price.
Accumulating, Gunbot keeps track of the trading fees (commissions) paid in the process. As soon as the price reaches the breakeven point, it will continue with normal trading.
You can set limits for each pair on the amount of base currency to invest in a trade. The trading limit can be set as an absolute amount or as a percentage of the available base currency.
When selling, you can choose to sell the entire currency of the position or keep a certain amount of the currency of the position.
Gunbot can be configured to ignore dust: small balances below the minimum trade size.
A fund reservation function is available to permanently store the absolute amount of the base currency.
If you wish, you can automatically withdraw the received profit in BTC.
Gunbot runs on Windows, Mac, Linux or ARM computers.
The software license is not tied to a specific device. Software updates and version upgrades are free.
Recommended minimum specs: 2 GB of RAM, 10 GB of free disk space. 64-bit processor.
You can choose between using the built-in GUI or running Gunbot as a command line tool.
The TradingView add-on forces (enables) Gunbot to execute trade alerts sent from tradingview.com.
This allows for fully customizable strategies using the Pine Script language on TradingView. The add-on provides several protection methods, for example, execution of sell orders above the break-even point and compliance with the minimum trading volume on the exchange.
The add-on can also be used in mixed mode where the Gunbot strategy and TradingView alerts are executed for the same trading pair.
Backtesting add-on allows testing all strategy parameters available in Gunbot.
Testing takes place on tradingview.com, which offers a powerful testing and visualization mechanism for proven trading results. As long as tradingview.com maintains the exchange you trade on, the Backtesting add-on is available for every available currency pair on the exchange.
Gunbot strategies are fully emulated in this add-on, with the exception of a few methods that cannot be reproduced (e.g. time series analysis method).